High School Girls Flag Football
In partnership with the Chicago Bears, NIKE and NFL Flag, the Chicago Public Schools launched the first-ever High School Girls’ Flag Football League in the state of Illinois in 2021. In 2022, the league has expanded to over 50 teams as the Chicago Public League looks to crown their next champion!
2021 Season Review:
- The inaugural season crowned Back of the Yards as the 2021 City Champions after an incredible season under Coach Alica Maxwell and Victoria Lee.
- The 22-team league worked directly with CPS, NFL Flag and Nike to develop key skills during the season.
- Nike donated all uniforms and helmets.
- Former Bears Head Coach Matt Nagy and Bears Care donated all cleats for the 2021 season.
- In partnership with the Bears our teams were able to meeting with current Bears’ players to learn key lessons and skills from the professionals that do it everyday!
2022 Season Preview:
- CPS is excited to announce that the the 2022 season will feature 50 CPS teams as the game and league continues to grow!
- The 2022 season will expand outside of the city of Chicago, as Rockford and the Western Suburban Conference (Oak Park / River Forest) will begin their first seasons in High School Girls Flag Football.
- Back of the Yards will look to defend its title in 2022!
- The league and its partners will continue to pursue the viability of making Girls Flag Football an official IHSA sport as the sport expands across the city.